Updates and News
- December 6, 2013: DCF Kicks Off “Hope for the Holidays” Campaign. Holiday donations needed for local nonprofit organizations. Read more.
- December 4, 2013: Complete packets are required in order to redetermine SR eligibility. Read more.
- November 26, 2013: Read the latest newsletter on the implementation of HB 7165
- November 22, 2013: Read the November issue of Parent Link.
- November 21, 2013: Read the latest issue of the Provider News Alert.
- November 20, 2013: Read more about processing eligibility cases.
- November 19, 2013: Join us at our upcoming Program & Strategy Committee Meeting as we discuss provider reimbursement rates. Read more.
- November 15, 2013: Read the Fall edition of the Child Care Communique from DCF.
- November 12, 2013: Read the latest newsletter on the implementation of HB 7165
- November 8, 2013: Read the latest edition of OEL's Early Learning Update.
- November 1, 2013: Providers: Please read this information regarding post attendance monitoring procedures.
- October 29, 2013: Read the latest issue of the ELC's Provider News Alert.
- October 28, 2013: Read Patterns of Referral Recommendations for Ethnically Diverse Children in Subsidized Child Care coauthored by the ELC's Bethany Sands and published by the Council for Exceptional Children
- October 25, 2013: Parents/Caregivers: Please read this important information about returning redetermination packets to the ELC.
- October 18, 2013: For information and support about the VPK Assessment, click here. For information on the Online Reporting System, click here.
- October 17, 2013: Questions and Answers about HB 7165 regarding Eligibility Criteria for the SR Program. Read more.
- October 11, 2013: Federal Shutdown – Update on Impact. Read more.
- October 4, 2013: VPK Classroom Teachers: Please take a moment to take this Mathematical Thinking Online Survey. Read more.
- October 4, 2013: A message from Shan Goff, Executive Director of the Florida Office of Early Learning, about the Federal Government Shut Down. Read more.
- October 2, 2013: Read the latest newsletter from the Office of Early Learning.
- September 29, 2013: Read the latest issue of the ELC News Alert.
- September 27, 2013: Read the latest issue of Parent Link.
- September 19, 2013: Important documents are now available on the Provider Portal. Read more.
- September 18, 2013: The two public hearings for proposed rule chapter 65C-39 previously scheduled for September 26 (Tampa) and October 2 (Tallahassee) have been cancelled. Upon further review, the Department has determined that the
rule contemplates a process that will be outdated due to the creation of the Caretaker Clearinghouse, which will be implemented in the spring when summer programs begin to screen their staff. Please visit Department of Children and Family Services website for more information.
- September 10, 2013: The Department of Children and Family Services, Office of Child Care Regulation and Background Screening will be conducting two public hearings for Chapter 65C-39, F.A.C. This new chapter of rule is titled "Summer Camp Program Standards." This an opportunity for the Department to receive comments from providers, community partners, coalition staff, stakeholders, and the general public related to the proposed rule language. Read more.
- September 5, 2013: The Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe is offering 4 scholarships to faith-based providers to attend the 20th Annual Child Development Education Alliance's Conference. Read more.
- September 4, 2013: Read the September issue of the Early Learning Update from the Office of Early Learning.
- September 3, 2013: Read the latest issue of our Provider News Alert.
- August 28, 2013: First time School Readiness clients with an appointment, please download this list that shows what documentation you have to bring to your appointment.
- August 22, 2013: Read the latest newsletter from the Office of Early Learning.
- August 19, 2013: Governor Rick Scott Draws Attention to Early Learning in Florida, Signs Bill at United Way Center for Excellence in Early Education in Miami
- July 29, 2013: VPK Providers: The August 2013 Training Schedule is now available here.
- July 26, 2013: Tallahassee, Fla. – Governor Rick Scott today announced the appointments of Adrian Alfonso, Philip “Flip” Gassman, and Gordon “Eric” Knowles to the Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe.
- July 12, 2013: Read the latest issue of the of the ELC News Alert.
- July 11, 2013: Read the latest issue of Parent Link.
- July 9, 2013: Parents and Caregivers: Please visit one of our new service center locations. Read more.
- July 2, 2013: New dates have been added to the July 2013 VPK Training Schedule. Read more.
To read previous news and updates, click here.
The Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring early care and education for children in Miami-Dade and Monroe counties. Through a variety of affordable and innovative early education and voluntary pre-kindergarten programs, the Coalition serves more than 50,000 children ages birth to 12 years old and their families.
Founded in 2000, the Coalition is among 31 similar organizations in the State of Florida established following the enactment of the School Readiness Act, which consolidated Florida’s early learning services into one integrated program.