Updates and News
- February 3, 2016: The Department of Children and Families, Office of Child Care Regulation, will be conducting two public workshops regarding rule development of School-Age Child Care standards to amend Chapter 65C-22 Florida Administrative Code (F.A.C.). Read more.
- January 30, 2016: VPK is 10 years old! Read the latest issue of Parent Link from the ELC.
- January 30, 2016: Read the latest issue of the ELC News Alert.
- January 29, 2016: Celebrate VPK's 10 year Anniversay with some VPK memories!
- January 25, 2016: We welcome all to the ELC Cafe, as we celebrate Black History Month. Bring a lunch and learn how architecture can be used to challenge the status quo and unite a community. Read more.
- January 11, 2016: STATEWIDE LAUNCH OF EARLY LEARNING FLORIDA is off to an amazing start in 2016! Courses began on January 4th with close to 1,500 early learning practitioners and directors enrolled in 70 course sections! Read more.
- January 6, 2016: The Family Portal will be down temporarily for scheduled maintenance this weekend from approximately 8:00 a.m. EST on Saturday, Jan. 9, until 3:00 p.m. EST on Sunday, Jan. 10, 2016.
- December 31, 2015: Read the December issue of the ELC News Alert.
- December 22, 2015: The ELC will be closed December 24 and 25, 2015. Regular business hours will resume on Monday, December 28, 2015.
- December 16, 2015: Early Learning Coalition Holiday Schedule Change
Early Learning Coalition service centers will be open Saturday, December 19, 2015 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. in lieu of Saturday, December 26, 2015.
- December 16, 2015: Read the latest Message from the ELC. This message incudes information on: CCR&R update deadlines, Service Center holiday schedule, Goodwill Ambassador Program and hands needed for Children's Week.
- December 14, 2015: Click here for VPK Pre- and Post-Assessments Administration and Submission Deadlines for 2015-16.
- November 15, 2015: Consequences for Non-Compliance with Developmental Screening (ASQ). Read more.
- November 15, 2015: Read the latest ELC News Alert.
- November 11, 2015: As part of our continued commitment to better serve our clients, the Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe has upgraded the phone system. Please note that ELC staff have new extensions. For more information please visit our staff page.
- November 10, 2015: Click the link to access the 2015-2016 VPK Provider Guide.
- October 21, 2015: The Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe in partnership with Miami-Dade Public Library System and Univision Miami fight the word gap
with Jumpstart's national campaign, Read for the Record. Hispanic Branch Library to host reading event to help break a world-wide reading record. Read more.
- October 21, 2015: The Early Learning Coalition of Miami‐Dade/Monroe in partnership with Miami‐Dade Public Library System fights the word gap with Jumpstart's national campaign, Read
for the Record.
Campaign mobilizes millions of children and adults to break a world reading record; pledges to read to
more than 20,000 children. Read more.
- October 1, 2015: Read the latest ELC Newsletter.
- September 25, 2015: Parent Link is back! Read the latest issue.
- September 10, 2015: The Second Annual Children First Conference will be held on September 19, 2015. Click here to see what great sessions are being offered.
- August 29, 2015: With Erika no longer a threat, the ELC will resume regular services.
- August 28, 2015: Today, Governor Rick Scott declared a state of emergency for the state in preparation for Tropical Storm Erika. As the storm approaches, it's important to make sure you have your emergency operations plan in place. Read more.
- August 18, 2015: Read the latest ELC Message. VPK COEs are due soon, enter them in the Provider Portal today.
- August 12, 2015: Registration is now OPEN for the Children First Conference! Read more.
- August 5, 2015: Read the latest ELC Message. Encourage families to apply for School Readiness and other resources around town.
- To read previous news and updates, click here.
The Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring early care and education for children in Miami-Dade and Monroe counties. Through a variety of affordable and innovative early education and voluntary pre-kindergarten programs, the Coalition serves more than 50,000 children ages birth to 12 years old and their families.
Founded in 2000, the Coalition is among 30 similar organizations in the State of Florida established following the enactment of the School Readiness Act, which consolidated Florida’s early learning services into one integrated program.