Updates and News
- June 24, 2016: During the 2016 legislative session, House Bill 7029 was passed allowing parents whose children are born from Feb. 2 through Sept. 1 of a calendar year to defer enrolling their child in a VPK program for one year. Read more.
- June 23, 2016: The Florida Department of Health has recently confirmed a case of the measles in an unvaccinated child in Miami-Dade County. Read more.
- June 14, 2016: Itinerary for OEL Executive Director's Visit. Read more.
- June 8, 2016: VPK Assessment Updates and Deadlines for AP3, Professional Development Trainings. Read more.
- June 8, 2016: VPK Summer 2016 - All summer VPK providers are required to administer Assessment Period 1 (AP1) the first 30 days of the VPK classroom's schedule. Read more on page 2.
- June 8, 2016: Read the latest issue of the ELC Newsletter.
- May 23, 2016: The Department of Children and Families, Office of Child Care Regulation, will be conducting two public workshops regarding rule development of School-Age Child Care standards to amend Chapter 65C-22 Florida Administrative Code (F.A.C.). Read more.
- May 19, 2016: Download "Drain and Cover" information from the Florida Department of Health.
- May 17, 2016: Monroe Country School Readiness Update, read more.
- May 13, 2016: FFCCHA Contest Winners. Read more.
- May 11, 2016: Due to the upcoming Memorial Day holiday, service centers will be open Saturday, May 21, 2016 and closed Saturday, May 28, 2016.
- May 9, 2016: Read the latest issue of the ELC Newsletter.
- May 6, 2016: For Monroe providers - Effective June 1, 2016, all School Readiness certificates will be uploaded to the ELC Provider Portal in the provider's ELC Documents folder. Read more.
- May 6, 2016: The Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe is currently accepting CCEP Employer Participation Agreements for the 2016-2017 school year. Read more.
- May 4, 2016: The Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe in partnership with Quality Counts will hold a scholarship raffle to sponsor 10 Family Childcare Home practitioners who are actively participating in the Quality Counts initiative in Miami-Dade County to attend the Florida Family Child Care Home Association (FFCCHA) 24th Annual Conference, "Enhancing Our Minds" on June 24-26, 2016. Read more.
- May 2, 2016: Children First Conference Early Bird Registration Now Open. Read more.
- April 27, 2016: Recent legislation directs the Office of Early Learning to not issue VPK Provider Kindergarten Readiness Rates for the 2014-15 and 2015-16 VPK program years. Read more.
- April 26, 2016: 2016-17 Performance Funding Project Deadline EXTENDED, VPK Requirements Changed. Read more.
- April 22, 2016: Summer Camp information from DCF. Read more.
- April 21, 2016: 2016-17 Performance Funding Project Deadline; Teaching Strategies Gold Webinar; Answers to Teaching Strategies Gold Questions. Read more.
- April 20, 2016: CareerSource South Florida is offering youth employment opportunities. The Ready to Work Program provides young adults ages 18-27 with employment opportunities. The Summer Youth Employment Program will provide summer job experience to young people ages 14-17. These two programs are open for enrollment and will provide approximately 1,800 jobs for young people in Miami-Dade County. Read more.
- April 15, 2016: Office of Early Learning applauds Governor Rick Scott for signing bill to extend VPK eligibility. Read more.
- April 14, 2016: Why Early Education Matters - Germane Barnes of the Opa-locka CDC
- April 13, 2016: Information for the upcoming VPK rule development workshops. Read more.
- April 8, 2016: Performance Pilot applications open on April 11 and other news. Read more.
- April 5, 2016: Thirty Million Words: Meet Shurand
- To read previous news and updates, click here.
The Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring early care and education for children in Miami-Dade and Monroe counties. Through a variety of affordable and innovative early education and voluntary pre-kindergarten programs, the Coalition serves more than 50,000 children ages birth to 12 years old and their families.
Founded in 2000, the Coalition is among 30 similar organizations in the State of Florida established following the enactment of the School Readiness Act, which consolidated Florida’s early learning services into one integrated program.