Updates and News
- May 2, 2016: Children First Conference Early Bird Registration Now Open. Read more.
- April 27, 2016: Recent legislation directs the Office of Early Learning to not issue VPK Provider Kindergarten Readiness Rates for the 2014-15 and 2015-16 VPK program years. Read more.
- April 26, 2016: 2016-17 Performance Funding Project Deadline EXTENDED, VPK Requirements Changed. Read more.
- April 22, 2016: Summer Camp information from DCF. Read more.
- April 21, 2016: 2016-17 Performance Funding Project Deadline; Teaching Strategies Gold Webinar; Answers to Teaching Strategies Gold Questions. Read more.
- April 20, 2016: CareerSource South Florida is offering youth employment opportunities. The Ready to Work Program provides young adults ages 18-27 with employment opportunities. The Summer Youth Employment Program will provide summer job experience to young people ages 14-17. These two programs are open for enrollment and will provide approximately 1,800 jobs for young people in Miami-Dade County. Read more.
- April 15, 2016: Office of Early Learning applauds Governor Rick Scott for signing bill to extend VPK eligibility. Read more.
- April 14, 2016: Why Early Education Matters - Germane Barnes of the Opa-locka CDC
- April 13, 2016: Information for the upcoming VPK rule development workshops. Read more.
- April 8, 2016: Performance Pilot applications open on April 11 and other news. Read more.
- April 5, 2016: Thirty Million Words: Meet Shurand
- April 5, 2016: Read the latest issue of the ELC's parent newsletter, Parent Link.
- April 5, 2016: Read the latest issue of the ELC Newsletter.
- April 5, 2016: Thank you for your patience as we seek to improve the speed and functionality of the Provider Portal. Due to the temporary inconvenience, we have extended the deadline for the submission of attendance and sign-in/out sheets to Thursday, April 7, 2016. Read more.
- April 1, 2016: Watch our Children's Week Celebrations!
- April 1, 2016: Watch the latest ELC Cafe!
- March 30, 2016: Need help filing your taxes? The Free File program helps take the stress out of tax season and puts hard-earned money back in your pockets. Read more or click here to download the flyer.
- March 29, 2016: Important Message from the ELC. Read more about School Readiness enrolment.
- March 28, 2016: Important Message from the ELC. Read more about Children First Conference and Inclusion trainings.
- March 23, 2016: Important Message from the ELC. Upcoming provider meetings. Read more.
- March 18, 2016: Important Message from the ELC. Read more about online School Readiness redeterminations and Professional development opportunities.
- March 10, 2013: Important Message from the ELC. Read more about VPK Readiness Rates.
- March 3, 2016: Read the latest issue of Parent Link.
- March 3, 2016: Read the latest Issue of the ELC News Alert.
- To read previous news and updates, click here.
The Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring early care and education for children in Miami-Dade and Monroe counties. Through a variety of affordable and innovative early education and voluntary pre-kindergarten programs, the Coalition serves more than 50,000 children ages birth to 12 years old and their families.
Founded in 2000, the Coalition is among 30 similar organizations in the State of Florida established following the enactment of the School Readiness Act, which consolidated Florida’s early learning services into one integrated program.