Updates and News
- May 9, 2013: Meet Max the Bear! Read more.
- May 6, 2013: May and June 2013 VPK training schedules are available now. Read more.
- May 2, 2013: LEGISLATURE RESTORES FUNDING FOR EARLY LEARNING PROGRAMS. Read more.
- May 1, 2013: The 2013-14 School Readiness Provider Contracts are due May 15, 2013. Read more.
- April 30. 2013: Miami-Dade Child Development Services will be terminating its Child Care Food Program (CCFP) Contract with the Department of Health (DOH), and will no longer sponsor the CCFP for day care homes as of the close of business on June 30, 2013. Read more.
- April 23, 2013: Quality Counts is hosting various meetings to unveil the new standards for Quality Counts 2.0. Meetings will take place in different locations and will be divided in two sessions (English and Spanish) for providers' convenience. Read more.
- April 22, 2013: Read the latest issue of our News Alert!
- April 3, 2013: Read the latest Provider Bulletin for information on available VPK training dates, Quality Counts 2.0 information session locations, and more!
- April 1, 2013: The Fiscal Year 2013-14 School Readiness Contract is now available on the Coalition's Provider Portal and is due no later than May 15, 2013. The contract is effective July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014. Read more.
- March 26, 2013: Read the latest issue of the ELC's Parent Link.
- March 25, 2013: Over the past five years, the quality of early learning programs in Quality Counts has improved substantially and star ratings have increased after actively working on quality improvement. Read more.
- March 21, 2013: Read the latest issue of the Provider News Alert.
- March 20, 2013: Join Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz as she hosts her annual Small Business Workshop on Saturday, April 20, 2013. Read more.
- March 20, 2013: The Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe is creating a new automated attendance process module. In order to best serve you, we invite all providers to attend an information session on Thursday, March 21, at 1 p.m. Your feedback on the new module will help us improve the efficiency of the payment process to providers. Read more.
- March 19, 2013: Deadline for Probationary VPK Providers to Acknowledge Probationary Status is March 29. Read more.
- March 18, 2013: The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has launched a new web-based resource directory of environmental health information for child care. Read more.
- March 18, 2013: Join us at one of our Community Forums this week. Read more.
- March 18, 2013: Save the Date for Miami Dade College Homestead Campus's Day of the Young Child Celebration. Read more.
- March 12, 2013: PARENTS/CAREGIVERS: As you may already know, effective July 1, the Early Learning Coalition will be operating under a new service delivery model. This means we will be your one stop for all VPK and School Readiness early childhood services. Read more.
- March 11, 2013: The Florida Department of Education Bureau of Voluntary Prekindergarten released the Final 2011-12 VPK Readiness Rates on Friday, March 8. Read more.
- February 27, 2013: Read the latest issue of the ELC's Parent Link. Read more.
- February 21, 2013: The latest issue of the ELC News Alert has been released. Read it here.
- February 15, 2013: The State Board of Education has not set the final 2011-12 VPK Readiness Rate. The rates you received were preliminary. Once the final rate is announced and you are required to complete an Improvement Plan, please let us know. We have staff ready to assist you at no cost to you. Read more.
- February 14, 2013: The board of directors and staff of the Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe are proud to report another year of clean audits. Read more.
To read previous news and updates, click here.
The Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring early care and education for children in Miami-Dade and Monroe counties. Through a variety of affordable and innovative early education and voluntary pre-kindergarten programs, the Coalition serves more than 50,000 children ages birth to 12 years old and their families.
Founded in 2000, the Coalition is among 31 similar organizations in the State of Florida established following the enactment of the School Readiness Act, which consolidated Florida’s early learning services into one integrated program.